Wednesday 27 October 2010

Teaching Listening

Hello, everyone! This is my first entry on the teaching of the language skills. This time, on listening. I've reviewed a range of ELT textbooks and created a glog. On it you'll see a number of book pages containing 1 or 2 listening tasks - just look for those in each case, ignore the other tasks. Next to each page, I've included a bubble which states the kind of listening text learners are exposed to and the task they have to carry out, e.g. listening for gist, for details, etc. This is just a sample of the range of listening texts and aims/reasons we can exploit in our classrooms. I'm sure there are many more. If you can think of others or you just want to comment on my selection, you're welcome. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment